What methods can reduce the self-exploding rate of tempered glass?
Anyone who has learned about architectural glass should know that tempered glass has a certain self-explosion rate, which is inevitable. So what we can do is to reduce the self-exploding rate of tempered glass and improve the safety of the glass in use.
So is there any way to reduce the self-explosion rate of tempered glass?
1. Choose good flat glass. High-quality flat glass has low content of stones, bubbles, impurities and nickel sulfide. Using high-quality flat glass as the original sheet for making tempered glass can significantly reduce the self-explosion of tempered glass. Or choose ultra clear glass with low iron content, nickel sulfide content is extremely low, so the self-explosion rate of ultra clear glass is low, and the self-explosion rate of ultra clear glass after tempering is about 0.03%.
2. Improve the processing quality of the tempered glass edges to avoid scratches and bumps on the glass edges and surface. At the same time, the stress uniformity and the symmetry along the thickness direction of the tempered glass surface are improved.
3. After the glass is tempered, heat soaking treatment the glass, and the tempered glass is subjected to high temperature and high pressure treatment, so as to detonate the glass due to uneven internal stress and potential self-explosion factors in advance, and reduce the self-explosion rate of tempered glass.
4. Reduce the total amount of tempered glass applications, increase the amount of half strengthened glass and laminated glass applications, can reduce tempered glass self-explosion. It goes without saying that the total amount of tempered glass applications to reduce and self-explosion rate lower of tempered glass.
5. Reducing the size of the tempered glass panel can reduce the self-explosion rate of the tempered glass. The larger the tempered glass size and the thicker the glass plate, the greater the probability of self-explosion. If small-sized tempered glass self-explodes, it will be replaced with a corresponding small-sized glass. However, if large-format tempered glass self-explodes, the entire piece of glass must be replaced. In contrast, small-sized tempered glass can reduce the self-explosion rate and also Save the cost of glass replacement.
6. In practical engineering, the use area of tempered glass is getting larger and larger. Tempered glass on a large plate surface requires not only the relative value of its curvature but also the absolute value of its curvature, so as to reduce the assembly stress of tempered glass and avoid the self-explosion of tempered glass after a long time of use.